What's New |
SIGNAL in Science |
Engineering Design was founded in 1980 to address problems in instrumentation and measurement, physical acoustics, digital signal analysis and data visualization and modeling.
- Engineering Design is the developer of the SIGNALtm family of sound analysis software, including SIGNAL, Real-Time Spectrogram (RTS), Event Detector, Event Analyzer, and Experiment Maker.
- SIGNAL is the standard for research in bioacoustics for its scientific accuracy, extensive tools for measurement, analysis, synthesis and modeling, programmability and thorough documentation.
- SIGNAL applications include bioacoustics, sound and vibration measurement, sound modeling and synthesis, perceptual cognition, human auditory testing, and neurophysiological experimentation.
- SIGNAL is used at over 200 laboratories worldwide.
- Over 200 scientific papers have been published using SIGNAL on topics including acoustic behavior, evolution of communication, cognitive science, neurophysiology of production and perception and wildlife conservation and management. Read about the outstanding research done with SIGNAL.
Contact Engineering Design to discuss your challenging problems in bioacoustic analysis. Thirty-five years of experience are available to help solve them!
SIGNAL in Science
SIGNAL has been used to analyze evolutionary call behavior of the male Túngara frog. The Michael Ryan Lab at the Universitysed SIGNAL to extract spectral behavior from recorded calls, then synthesize new "voice-free" playback calls based on spectral behavior alone. Read more